Compact smokeless fire pit
One of the things people hate most about having campfires and backyard fires is usually the smoke that comes with it. It becomes very difficult to enjoy the event, mostly because you have to shift from place to place in an attempt to try and avoid the smoke. It becomes even more frustrating in the event that you want to stay close to the fire in a bid to either keep warm, or whenever you want to have something cooked. You will end up dancing around the fire in an attempt to avoid the smoke. The best way therefore, to avoid all this menace, is by use of the smokeless fire pit.
What is a Smokeless Fire Pit?
A smokeless fire pit is basically a fire pit that is used for outdoor activities, and is often used for burning firewood very efficiently, with smoke that is very minimal. The fire pit often emanates primary and secondary combustion using two streams of oxygen. The first phase of the primary combustion entails the burning of the wood. On the other hand, the burning of the smoke, which is the second phase; constitutes the secondary combustion.
Of importance to note however, is the fact that there is usually some fuel in the smoke that is often still left unburned. This may actually be considered as the tiny bits of wood that is left floating in the air. The result is often a big fire with lots of heat, very big flames and smoke that is very little.
What are the best Compact Smokeless Fire Pits?
There are quite a number of smokeless fire pits that are available. You are able to get variant types, depending on the design preference of your choice, the budget you are hoping to work with, and even your skill level. Below is a review of some of the best compact smokeless fire pits in the market.
Tomshoo Wood Camping Portable Stove
This is a portable camping stove that is made up of stainless steel, and is mainly used for outdoor picnic activities suck as BBQ. Its is from the TOMSHOO brand and uses mainly Alcohol and Wood as the main fuel types. Given that it is made from very strong stainless steel material, it is highly durable, even when subjected to high levels of heat and heavy weights.Features :
- - Has a serrated windproof that increases its stability by offering a platform for any cookware that is being used. At the same time, the latter also works to ensure that there is an increase in heat contact.
- - Has a very wide opening that makes it much easy to add wood. In the process, this leads to very little smoke and very efficient burning.
- - Is installed with a double-walled structure that gives the fire pit secondary combustion, hence emanating clean gases. The air that also comes from the bottom part enables the fuel to burn completely, with very little smoke.
- - This portable stove also comes with a tray that is well able to hold the alcohol solid fuel. Because of this particular feature therefore, you are able to use unlimited fuels such as leaves, wood, twigs and even branches. This way, you will not spend any money on gas canisters, and at the same time, there will be not carbon footprints and chemical emissions.
- - Is a lightweight stove, with weight of only one pound. Because of this,it is easily fold-able and is thus can be conveniently packed for storage. This makes it highly portable, hence helps to greatly minimize the burden of moving from place to place with it.
- - Comes with a grill that makes it easy to do a barbecue. For this reason, it is highly suitable for picnic, camping and many other outdoor adventurous activities.
Steps for Installation
- Put the stove chamber on top of the bottom vent, then insert the base of the stove plate.
- Add the fuel that you want to use, be it the twigs, wooden branches or the leaves; into the pot rack.
- Lastly, have the wood fired up, and put the cooking pot on the burner and set it up for a perfect outdoor event.
- - Weighs 1.0 lb/470 g
- - Has a folded size of 13.8cm by 7 cm
- - Has an assembled size of 13.8cm by 17.5 cm
Solo Stove Ranger Outdoor Fire Pit
This particular fire pit is often mostly used for providing low smoke especially for the preparation of Hot Dogs. It is a product of the Solo Stove brand and is made stainless steel material that is very strong thus making it quite durable. It exclusively uses wood as the main fuel type.Features
- - Has a portable fire power that increases the efficiency of airflow and portability. This is because the fire pit tends to push the limits for combustion. This particular stove is specially manufactured in a manner such that it provides very low amounts of smoke.
- - Has a wall design that is double. This way, the burning and airflow processes are fully maximized, and this also helps in reducing the amount of smoke being emitted.
- - Has vent holes at the bottom part, thereby allowing the fire from beneath to be fed sufficiently supplied with oxygen. This way, a burst of hot air is created, hence helping further to reduce the amount of smoke present.
- - Has an efficient burn, hence ensuring that all the little particles that would otherwise have been emitted off as smoke, are completely burnt up by the vents on top.
- - Is easily portable, hence can be conveniently moved from place to place during outdoor activities.
Installation The design for this portable pit stove is such that it comes with a construction that is singular, hence does not require any assembling of different parts. This makes it very convenient and ready for operation.Operation System This stove is able to operate efficiently without the use of any batteries of the use of fans. Fresh air comes from the bottom part of the vents and is able to feed the fire. This air enters between the layers of the stainless steel surface and in the process gets it heated up. The presence of the cools air allows the fire to constantly have plenty amounts of fresh oxygen, thus keeping it burning.
- - Weighs 17 pounds
- - Measures 12.5 inches high
- - Has a width of 15 inches
- - Is made of stainless steel material
Solo Stove Lite - Portable Camping Hiking and Survival Stove
This is a hiking and camping portable stove that uses very powerful wood burning system to produce efficient heat with very minimal smoke levels. It uses mostly gasoline and wood fuel types. It is made of the 304 material of stainless steel.Features
- - Has patented feature designs that includes a double wall. This double wall ensures secondary combustion and also allows for the creation of a gasification system that is ultra clean. This thus enables the stove to burn completely, and with very little smoke.
- - Has a boil time that is very fast, and is also a lightweight.
- - Has a design that is compact and thus space saving. This makes it very convenient to carry, especially while going out for outdoor events.
This smokeless stove is designed with an airflow system that lets in sufficient amounts of fresh air, especially through the double walls. The inflow of the air from the bottom part of the stove is taken in through the small holes, while at the same time the air between the stove walls get warmed up. This therefore leads to secondary combustion because of the burst of oxygen that is preheated and fed back into the firebox . This process allows the fire to burn more completely, and in the process leading to very little smoke.
- - Weighs 9 oz
- - Is made up of nichrome wire and stainless steel materials
- - Has a packed size of 3.8 inches in height and 4.25 inches in width
- - Comes with an assembled size of 5.7 inches in height, and 4.25 inches in width
Solo Stove Titan - 2-4 Person Lightweight Wood Burning Stove
This is a gas powered stove that weighs 468 grams. It is made out of Stainless Steel and Nichrome wire materials. It also has some nylon stuff sack material. Additionally, it has a very fast boiling time, which allows the water to boil within 4 to 6 minutes.
- - Has a double wall that is very unique and thus constitutes a patent feature design, which enables the stove to have double combustion. This in turn makes the fire to burn totally, hence resulting to very little smoke.
- - Has a design for spacing that is very compact, hence leaving so much room for other materials to be carried, while going out for outdoor events.
- - Made using nichrome wire and stainless steel material.
This particular stove is built to last, since it is made of material that is free of any defects. This makes it be able to withstand the test of time and hence works to boost its efficiency.
- - Weight of 16.5 oz
- - Height of 7.9 inches and 5.1 inches width, while assembled
- - 5.6 inches high, and 5.1 inches wide while packed